Beats is no stranger to producing quality sounds. Today marks the debut of Beats Pill, a small Bluetooth-enabled speaker aimed at Jawbone’s Jambox. Pill is the latest entrant in the emerging market of portable speakers that is compatible with iOS and Android. Packed with four-speakers, amplifies app audio and supports all call functions including conference calls due to a built-in microphone.
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery provides 7 hours of continuous play
- AC Power adapter with USB receptacle for charging
- Auto shut-off after 30 minutes of no signal detection in order to conserve battery life
- 3.5mm line out for connection to an external speaker system
- Built-in mic for hands free conferencing
- Echo cancellation for call clarity and feedback control
- 8 Bluetooth profiles
- Tap-to-pair NFC and apt-X technology for easy and instant Bluetooth audio
This lightweight portable speaker is available today in white, black, and red and will run about $200.